Sapele Crokinole Board - Premium Hardwood
These Crokinole boards were inspected and supervised during manufacturing to ensure the quality would be top-notch. It has a hardwood veneer of 100% real sapele wood, a hardwood that is sure to last for years to come. This board is a full-sided tournament board and has many upgrades over our older versions!
- Upgraded wooden box for the game. This new wooden box has twice as many holes in the top so both players have their own scoring track, not a shared track. The shared track worked great but was a bit of a problem when the score was tied. Also the holes on the scoring track have been re-worked so the pegs for the scoring are the same size as the pegs for the board. It just simplifies things for everyone.
- Improved quality control and manufacturing process so there will be very little damage/scuff marks on the boards out of the box. Our prior releases sometimes had some scratches/scuffs on the board when it came out of the box due to poor handling
- Better finish on the playing surface. In addition to 5 coats of lacquer/finish applied to the surface we have also applied a wax sealant to the top of the board. This will make the board faster right out of the box and while we still highly recommend an application of Carnauba wax be put on the board before playing for the best experience, this will be much better right out of the box too!
- This has the same specs as our previous boards other than the above, namely the same 30.5" dimensions (26" playing surface, "Tournament Sized") as well as solid MDF base with water-tight finish on the back to avoid the board absorbing moisture/humidity/spills and preventing the warping that many plywood based boards experience over time.
*Only ships within the lower 48 US states.
Please contact us for a quote before ordering if you would like your Crokinole board shipped elsewhere.
Release Date: 4/15/2013
MSRP: $150 USD
By Gaar Excellent board for the price! ,
- If you are thinking about this game - don't think again - buy it! There is a reason it's the number one Family game on BGG. This was my first board and I was very happy with the quality - not perfect, but a "perfect" board would cost double what this one did. IMO the flaws are very very minor and really don't lessen game play at all. This is a great first board! Crokinole has become the number one game we play at the cabin! You really need to get this game!
By RSMaxwell Great board for the price ,
- This crok insole board is great for the price. It is not flawless -- the peg holes are not quite round, the finish is uneven in places, etcetera -- however, it is a bargain compared to most boards available. This is my first board and I am extremely pleased. Just realize that this is very, very cheap for this quality and overlook the VERY minor defects.